Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

RAW + JPG showing as seperate images in Catalina - Panasonic GH4

Hi,

I'm shooting RAW+JP with my Panasonic GH4. Until recently Photo's always showed these as a stacked pair with a R or J symbol in the top left corner. By right clicking on the image i could with the master. Recently I see that this is still the case, but there is always as second identical image showing with is the raw file (file extension RW2). When I delete the image the stacked pair is still working. However this is very annoying behaviour since it basically duplicates al my images. In IOS I can not see which image is the JPG or RAW. I am using OSX Catalina updated to the latest version and shoot with a Panasonic GH4. Please help !

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.14

Posted on Feb 9, 2020 4:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2020 5:01 AM

When you duplicate a photo in Photos, it will not create additional files in the library. You will just be seeing two thumbnails, linked to the same original files.

When do the duplicates appear? When you switch between the RAW&JPEG master? Or directly after importing the photos? Are you importing several times from the same card without deleting the originals from the card?

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 9, 2020 5:01 AM in response to arnoud128

When you duplicate a photo in Photos, it will not create additional files in the library. You will just be seeing two thumbnails, linked to the same original files.

When do the duplicates appear? When you switch between the RAW&JPEG master? Or directly after importing the photos? Are you importing several times from the same card without deleting the originals from the card?

RAW + JPG showing as seperate images in Catalina - Panasonic GH4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.