Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OS Monterey upload killed my iMac

upgraded to OS Monterey on iMac desktop and it killed my computer."Simply Mac" was able to get in and re-install Monterey, which apparently corrupted and caused the "death". while re-setting up whole system again, I am unable to find all my Stickie files. I get the Sticky Notes app, but my notes are NOT THERE!

iMac 21.5″, macOS 12.3

Posted on Apr 29, 2022 9:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2022 10:48 AM

If you have been backing up your computer with the built-in Time Machine app, you can retrieve those notes from the backup.

See > Restore items backed up with Time Machine on Mac - Apple Support

If you have not been backing up your Mac, you have just learned a lesson.

Here's how to > Back up your Mac with Time Machine - Apple Support.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 29, 2022 10:48 AM in response to rosalindD

If you have been backing up your computer with the built-in Time Machine app, you can retrieve those notes from the backup.

See > Restore items backed up with Time Machine on Mac - Apple Support

If you have not been backing up your Mac, you have just learned a lesson.

Here's how to > Back up your Mac with Time Machine - Apple Support.

Apr 29, 2022 10:40 AM in response to rosalindD

Please read Writing an effective Apple Support Communities Question and then re-write your post. As it is written it has no useful information and only comes across as a rant from a frustrated user. We are end users on these forums, just like you. Apple does not participate or read these user to user forums.

BTW, Monterey is VERY stable and does not crash systems however that being said, whenever a major update is being done on a system that already has some issues that can cause some problems. Based on your post, that is what I believe may have occurred in your case.

OS Monterey upload killed my iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.