Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't add my Mac as an authorized device

I just unauthorized 3 or 4 old computers, but I can’t add my new Mac. My authorization list has my PC, gaming laptop, iPhone, ipad, and watch. I get that the last three are technically computers, but 5 seems too restrictive if they’re counted.

I know I’ve had more authorizations previously as I used to use 2 different iPads depending on where I was going. Please tell me I’m doing something wrong.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Apr 29, 2022 12:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2022 1:12 PM

Authorized computers are limited to 5 computers (doesn't count iPhones, iPads, etc). -- see: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204074

You can have a total of 10 associated devices (5 of which can be computers). See: View and remove your devices that are associated with Apple ID purchases - Apple Support

To remove old computers from authorized devices, use the Deauthorize All button as shown in the "See how many computers are authorized" and "If you need to deauthorize a computer that you don't have access to" sections of Authorize or deauthorize your computer for iTunes Store purchases - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 29, 2022 1:12 PM in response to Jolrich

Authorized computers are limited to 5 computers (doesn't count iPhones, iPads, etc). -- see: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204074

You can have a total of 10 associated devices (5 of which can be computers). See: View and remove your devices that are associated with Apple ID purchases - Apple Support

To remove old computers from authorized devices, use the Deauthorize All button as shown in the "See how many computers are authorized" and "If you need to deauthorize a computer that you don't have access to" sections of Authorize or deauthorize your computer for iTunes Store purchases - Apple Support

I can't add my Mac as an authorized device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.