Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ASUS ProArt Display PA279CV and the mac studio

I have read some forum posts where owners of mac minis have had connectivity problems with the ASUS ProArt Display PA279CV.

Does anyone know if the ASUS ProArt Display PA279CV works with the mac studio?

Thanks

Posted on Apr 29, 2022 4:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2022 5:41 PM

I just got that monitor to use with a M1 Air and an old MacPro 5,1 from 2010 (3 displays).

You can read about my experience/concerns here though I haven't had too many replies and I accidentally marked it as solved.

Basically for me, it's had some glitches with not detecting the inputs (USB-C, HDMI and DP) in my case, but it's fine 99% of the time. Firmware updates are supposed to solve the problem but I think my display was part of a later batch with later firmware, so I don't know how bad the problems were and how successful the fix was. It's mostly working now so I don't want to mess with it. TBH I'm still debating whether or not to return the monitor.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 29, 2022 5:41 PM in response to slartibartfastson

I just got that monitor to use with a M1 Air and an old MacPro 5,1 from 2010 (3 displays).

You can read about my experience/concerns here though I haven't had too many replies and I accidentally marked it as solved.

Basically for me, it's had some glitches with not detecting the inputs (USB-C, HDMI and DP) in my case, but it's fine 99% of the time. Firmware updates are supposed to solve the problem but I think my display was part of a later batch with later firmware, so I don't know how bad the problems were and how successful the fix was. It's mostly working now so I don't want to mess with it. TBH I'm still debating whether or not to return the monitor.

Apr 29, 2022 4:47 PM in response to slartibartfastson

Genuine ThunderBolt and USB-C displays are seeing some "growing pains" with the new interface chips in recent M1 Macs. Most of the complaints are minor, and there is no talk that this or any particular display is somehow "not compatible" with these new M1 Mac systems.

There has never been any suggestion that fundamental display mechanisms are not working, or that colors were defective.

Problems powering up or down, waking from sleep, reconnecting with peripherals connected to the display (rather that the computer itself) are the most frequently reported issues. In general we expect these sorts of issues to improve with time.

ASUS ProArt Display PA279CV and the mac studio

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.