Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Low Storage Space on iPad Air 2

I have an iPad Air 2 with 16GB storage space.

The system and Other are consuming ~13.5GB of the storage. Leaving me 2.5 GB for apps and data.

Is there a way to reduce the storage space of the OS and mostly Other...?

Posted on Apr 30, 2022 1:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2022 2:03 AM

These support pages should prove to be helpful with management of storage on your iPad; the final link should be of particular interest:

What's the difference between device storage and iCloud storage? – Apple Support

Manage your iCloud storage – Apple Support

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch – Apple Support

Clear Other storage on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 2, 2022 10:17 PM in response to anabel249

Respectfully. That is not Very Acceptable. Being Very Wasteful of a very usable device that is far from Good Usable Service.

As a Senior Licenced Radio Engineer.

There should be a suitable way to have System Restore.. Completely Delete All Files from the iPad Air2 or any other iPad or iPhone..

Irrespective of What Version of iOS is To Be.Installed

Many Faithful Mac Users have Low Storage Units for various Reasons.

A Suitable Correction to this Fault Would be Appreciated.

Thank You

AOJCA

Jun 3, 2022 1:48 AM in response to noam192

Hi 👋

How much System Data do you have?

Sometimes iPads accumulate a lot of caché, that can be deleted. When I have a lot of System Data I reset my iPad, deleting everything, I have iCloud, so my Photos, mails, messages, calendars, etc. are safe.

You can find your System Data in: Settings > General > iPad Storage > System Data (Is at the bottom)

And you can reset your iPad in: Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPad > Reset.

I hope it heps 😊

Low Storage Space on iPad Air 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.