Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth headphones won't work on MacBook Pro

I have a new pair of bluetooth headphones that I'm trying to pair with a MacBook Pro (Monterrey 2015). The headphones show as connected but aren't listed in the sound preferences output list. Sound continues to come through the internal speakers and not the headphones.

I've tried restarting both the MacBook and the headphones, and have tried resetting but still can't get them to work.

Does anyone have a solution? The headphones work fine with my iPhone.

Thanks.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Apr 30, 2022 8:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2022 1:46 AM

I finally got it to work, albeit temperamentally. I did the Nvram reset as above, and installed the latest Monterrey update.

To connect to bluetooth I have to toggle bluetooth on and off each time I try to connect and then refresh whatever app or page the audio is on. Just adding this here in case anyone else has any similar issues.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 2, 2022 1:46 AM in response to NedAllen

I finally got it to work, albeit temperamentally. I did the Nvram reset as above, and installed the latest Monterrey update.

To connect to bluetooth I have to toggle bluetooth on and off each time I try to connect and then refresh whatever app or page the audio is on. Just adding this here in case anyone else has any similar issues.

Apr 30, 2022 10:04 AM in response to my ginger

Thanks for your suggestion. It seems to have helped the connection to be more stable, however the device still isn't showing in sound preferences and so the audio is still coming out of the Internal speakers. I'm going to try the Monterrey update and see if that helps but if anyone has any other suggestions that would be great.

Bluetooth headphones won't work on MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.