Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Distorted Bluetooth Connection when using headphones with MacBook Pro 2017 Thunderbolt

Hello everyone,

Since last year, I've been having a problem with my MacBook Pro's bluetooth connection. Whenever I connected Beats Solo 3 Wireless headphones to my Mac the audio would be distorted and muffled. But when I would have connected it to my iPhone, the audio would sound normal. And this issue persisted after using my headphones with my computer for 3 years. Now I have switched my headphones but after 2 months of normal usage, I now have the same distorted audio issue with my Sony WH-1000XM4's. So I think it has something to do with my computer but don't know how to solve it.

Does anyone else have this issue? Or know how to solve it?

Posted on Aug 27, 2021 12:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2021 12:58 PM

Hi AppleEnthusiastx,

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities. We understand that your MacBook Pro audio is fine but when you connect Bluetooth headphones the sound is distorted.

Great idea switching out the headphones and isolating this to the Mac. Next, try the steps from If sound quality is reduced when using Bluetooth headphones with your Mac which addresses this issue.

Have a great day!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 28, 2021 12:58 PM in response to AppleEnthusiastx

Hi AppleEnthusiastx,

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities. We understand that your MacBook Pro audio is fine but when you connect Bluetooth headphones the sound is distorted.

Great idea switching out the headphones and isolating this to the Mac. Next, try the steps from If sound quality is reduced when using Bluetooth headphones with your Mac which addresses this issue.

Have a great day!

Distorted Bluetooth Connection when using headphones with MacBook Pro 2017 Thunderbolt

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.