Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

someone is sharing their live location but at the moment it says “no location found“ ?

My friend is sharing her live location with me and at the moment is says “location not found”

why does this happen?

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Apr 30, 2022 8:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2022 8:36 AM

My friend is sharing her live location with me and at the moment is says “location not found”

why does this happen?

Because the Find My network can't locate the device.

Their device might be off; or it is in a location with insufficient signal; they have temporarily turned off Find My; it is in a basement carpark and lost the signal; the iPhone is in a lift which is a very effective Faraday cage; they are not in a Wi-Fi network and their phone data is off - there are many reasons.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 30, 2022 8:36 AM in response to Paz25_

why does this happen?

Because the Find My network can't locate the device.

Their device might be off; or it is in a location with insufficient signal; they have temporarily turned off Find My; it is in a basement carpark and lost the signal; the iPhone is in a lift which is a very effective Faraday cage; they are not in a Wi-Fi network and their phone data is off - there are many reasons.

someone is sharing their live location but at the moment it says “no location found“ ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.