Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OS X 10.11.16 Mail won't open

Older iMac running OS X 10.11.6. Everything was working fine, suddenly today I downloaded a lot of email to the Mail app, it quit, and now won't reopen, even after restarting. Application quits as soon as it's started. HUH? Ideas what I can do about this? Makes no sense... Thanks

Posted on Apr 30, 2022 10:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2022 1:35 PM

Thanks Matthew, good suggestion, actually, as it turned out, the application works fine with one of my accounts and crashes the app with the other account. I'm told by AT&T/Yahoo that they are having email issues. I would have deleted this post but I couldn't find it. So it seems that the issue is resolved. Not so surprisingly, I spoke with 2 Apple support people yesterday. Both were absolutely useless and I had to troubleshoot the problem myself. Seems that Apple tech support has declined substantially in recent years.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 1, 2022 1:35 PM in response to Matthew_J5

Thanks Matthew, good suggestion, actually, as it turned out, the application works fine with one of my accounts and crashes the app with the other account. I'm told by AT&T/Yahoo that they are having email issues. I would have deleted this post but I couldn't find it. So it seems that the issue is resolved. Not so surprisingly, I spoke with 2 Apple support people yesterday. Both were absolutely useless and I had to troubleshoot the problem myself. Seems that Apple tech support has declined substantially in recent years.

OS X 10.11.16 Mail won't open

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.