Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone random restart

Hello! I was browsing the web when my screen suddenly went black. Then the phone restarted and everything seems to be normal. I know that sometimes iphones may restart randomly and I've found various ways to solve this, but I've read somewhere to check my analytics data.

There I've found "backboardd.wakeups_resource..." and "ExcUserFault_wifid_..." being the last ones. When I searched for backboardd I've noticed discussions about malware and this determined me to post this questions:

Can my iphone be infected with some malware or virus? Can the site I was browsing cause the restart?

My phone is NOT jailbroken and everything installed comes from AppStore.

Thanks!

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Apr 30, 2022 3:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2022 3:33 PM

Hey there,

iOS / iPadOS devices cannot be infected with viruses / Malware / Spyware if it is updated to the latest iOS/iPadOS unless you have intentionally downloaded spurious software or unauthorized apps directly from the internet and installed on your device or/and have Jail Broken. 

See ☞ If your iOS or iPadOS device restarts or displays the Apple logo or a spinning gear unexpectedly - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 30, 2022 3:33 PM in response to razvan2002

Hey there,

iOS / iPadOS devices cannot be infected with viruses / Malware / Spyware if it is updated to the latest iOS/iPadOS unless you have intentionally downloaded spurious software or unauthorized apps directly from the internet and installed on your device or/and have Jail Broken. 

See ☞ If your iOS or iPadOS device restarts or displays the Apple logo or a spinning gear unexpectedly - Apple Support

iPhone random restart

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.