Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music Replay is Not Accurate

Does Apple have any plans to fix Apple Music Replay? The inaccuracy of it has been a known issue since it launched. The first time I noticed it was a couple years ago when I had played a song over 100 times, and it was listed on Replay with 54 plays. That same year, the song I has listened to the most wasn't even in the top 10. Those two songs were registering SOME plays, so it wasn't an issue with me having the wrong settings or the song not being in Apple Music's catalog, it was simply an inaccurate metric. The number of plays is accurate on iTunes, so I don't understand why that data isn't just transfered over to Replay. A week ago, a new song came out which I've been listening to a lot, exclusively on my iPhone. I downloaded the song from Apple Music and have listened to it with either wi-fi or cell data every single time. And yet, Replay lists the song low on the list with 9 plays, when it should be at number one with 27 plays. If Replay can't get this simple metric right, how trustworthy are the other ones which are harder for users to quantify? I would love this feature if it was accurate.

iPhone X, iOS 15

Posted on Apr 30, 2022 3:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2022 12:34 PM

Hey there K-Kortez,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We're happy to provide some assistance.

There could be a number of reasons for this. Check out this resource under the "How Apple Music Replay works" section for possible causes:

Apple Music Replay on the web - Apple Support

How Apple Music Replay works
Apple Music Replay uses your Apple Music listening history to calculate your top songs, albums, and artists throughout the year. Apple Music Replay also uses a variety of other factors to determine the music that you've played this year such as:
-Music played on any device that's signed in to Apple Music with your Apple ID
-Not including music played on devices that have "Use Listening History" turned off in Settings
-Counting only music that's available in the Apple Music catalog
-Songs played in your library must be synced with your Apple Music subscription
-A minimum amount of plays and time spent listening to a song, artist, or album

If you feel as though none of those reasons are causing the issue you're experiencing, we recommend that you contact Apple directly to investigate:

Get Support

We hope this helps.

Have a great day!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 1, 2022 12:34 PM in response to K-Kortez

Hey there K-Kortez,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We're happy to provide some assistance.

There could be a number of reasons for this. Check out this resource under the "How Apple Music Replay works" section for possible causes:

Apple Music Replay on the web - Apple Support

How Apple Music Replay works
Apple Music Replay uses your Apple Music listening history to calculate your top songs, albums, and artists throughout the year. Apple Music Replay also uses a variety of other factors to determine the music that you've played this year such as:
-Music played on any device that's signed in to Apple Music with your Apple ID
-Not including music played on devices that have "Use Listening History" turned off in Settings
-Counting only music that's available in the Apple Music catalog
-Songs played in your library must be synced with your Apple Music subscription
-A minimum amount of plays and time spent listening to a song, artist, or album

If you feel as though none of those reasons are causing the issue you're experiencing, we recommend that you contact Apple directly to investigate:

Get Support

We hope this helps.

Have a great day!

Apple Music Replay is Not Accurate

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.