Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie download

I cannot get iMovie to download for the version of my computer. It just keeps running in a loop asking me if I'd like to download and older version of iMovie that will be compatible. I click download, it leaves and comes back and asks again. What do I do?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Apr 30, 2022 5:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2022 10:48 PM

Try again and see if you can get the download.

Use this procedure: To update/redownload iMovie 10, drag your iMovie 10 app from the Applications folder into the trash, but do not empty the trash. Sign in to the app store and open your purchases folder by clicking on your name at the bottom of the app store side bar. You will see your purchases displayed, including iMovie 10. Redownload/update iMovie from there. If not

successful, drag your present iMovie app out of the trash and return it to the Applications folder.

-- Rich

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 30, 2022 10:48 PM in response to sweetflamenca33

Try again and see if you can get the download.

Use this procedure: To update/redownload iMovie 10, drag your iMovie 10 app from the Applications folder into the trash, but do not empty the trash. Sign in to the app store and open your purchases folder by clicking on your name at the bottom of the app store side bar. You will see your purchases displayed, including iMovie 10. Redownload/update iMovie from there. If not

successful, drag your present iMovie app out of the trash and return it to the Applications folder.

-- Rich

iMovie download

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.