Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie

My computer was made in mid 2011. I have the version 10.13.6. I need to download iMovie and I am not able to. When I try to download it it says that I need an updated version. What should I do to get iMovie?

Posted on Jun 3, 2020 3:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2020 4:10 PM

If you can upgrade your operating system to Mojave 10.14.6 you should be able to download iMovie from the app store. If your computer is too old to upgrade to Mojave, then try the following procedure to obtain an iMovie 10 version that is the highest that your present operating system can run:

To update/redownload iMovie 10, drag your iMovie 10 app from the Applications folder into the trash, but do not empty the

trash. (You can skip that step if you had iMovie 10 on your computer before, but deleted it.) Sign in to the app store and open your purchases folder by clicking on your name at the bottom of the app store side bar. You will see your purchases displayed, including iMovie 10. Redownload/update iMovie from there. If not successful, drag your present iMovie app out of the trash (if you moved it there) and return it to the Applications folder.

-- Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 3, 2020 4:10 PM in response to Ostrich2008

If you can upgrade your operating system to Mojave 10.14.6 you should be able to download iMovie from the app store. If your computer is too old to upgrade to Mojave, then try the following procedure to obtain an iMovie 10 version that is the highest that your present operating system can run:

To update/redownload iMovie 10, drag your iMovie 10 app from the Applications folder into the trash, but do not empty the

trash. (You can skip that step if you had iMovie 10 on your computer before, but deleted it.) Sign in to the app store and open your purchases folder by clicking on your name at the bottom of the app store side bar. You will see your purchases displayed, including iMovie 10. Redownload/update iMovie from there. If not successful, drag your present iMovie app out of the trash (if you moved it there) and return it to the Applications folder.

-- Rich

iMovie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.