Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Shortcuts and Automation for Dual SIM

I have an iPhone 13 Pro Max with 2 cellular plans (physical SIM card and an eSIM).

How do I set up automation or a shortcut that turns off/on one of my SIMs/cellular plans at a specified time? It looks like Apple went only as far as to allow turning cellular on/off for the overall device in Settings, but not a specified SIM. Am I missing something or does Apple need to expand the automation and shortcut capabilities?

Thank you.

Thanks.

Posted on May 1, 2022 6:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2022 8:17 AM

Hello tkatty,

When setting up an automation in Shortcuts with cellular, it will disable the feature as a whole on the device. Choosing a SIM to disable with automation is not yet a feature. If you'd like to provide feedback for this feature, you can leave feedback for Apple here: Product Feedback

If you'd like to learn more about using an eSIM with a regular SIM, we'd recommend reviewing the following resource: Using Dual SIM with an eSIM.

We hope this helps.

Best!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 2, 2022 8:17 AM in response to tkatty

Hello tkatty,

When setting up an automation in Shortcuts with cellular, it will disable the feature as a whole on the device. Choosing a SIM to disable with automation is not yet a feature. If you'd like to provide feedback for this feature, you can leave feedback for Apple here: Product Feedback

If you'd like to learn more about using an eSIM with a regular SIM, we'd recommend reviewing the following resource: Using Dual SIM with an eSIM.

We hope this helps.

Best!

Shortcuts and Automation for Dual SIM

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.