Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Usb c monitor

Hi,

I have recently moved from an ancient 2011 iMac to a new m1 Mini (16Gb, 1tB). I am having an issue with my usb c display not waking from sleep. If I unplug the usb c connection the monitor wakes, but the usb hub on the monitor does not (a pain as my keyboard/mouse are connected here). The monitor is also used with a Windows 10 laptop which has no issues, either over hdmi or usb c. The monitor is a Benq PD2704U 4k display, with a built-in KVM switch.

From what I have read this is a well reported issue, that I had hoped would be addressed by the 12.3.1 patch, but it appears it is not the case.

Can anyone adivse a solution? Would returning the monitorand replacing it with a Thundebolt monitor, a Benq PD2725U, help? That is is Thunderbolt betrer behaved? I am well aware of the bandwidth limitiations of usb c.

Thanks

Graeme

Mac mini, macOS 12.3

Posted on May 1, 2022 9:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2022 11:15 AM

I would try using 2 cables from the M1 Mac Mini to the Benq.

1. a high quality 4K or better USB-C to DisplayPort cable for Video
  2. a second USB cable for the downstream ports that your keyboard/mouse connect to.

Similar questions

1 reply

Usb c monitor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.