Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Older notes are missing from IPhone notes app

I have had all of my notes(200+) in my notes app for as long as I can remember, but I just noticed that I am missing a large portion of them. Currently, only 53 of the most recently changed notes are shown in the notes app, with 150+ of the older notes nowhere to be seen. The notes are synced up to my Yahoo! account and if I check my notes from there, all 200+ are present.

I have tried restarting my phone and deleting/reentering my Yahoo! account in the settings as well. My Yahoo! account is set as my default account and I do have “Notes” enabled as well. My phone(IPhone 6s Plus) is up-to-date with the current IOS version.

I’m not sure if the phone is having issues syncing up with my email account or something. Any help is appreciated.

iPhone 6s Plus

Posted on May 2, 2022 2:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2022 5:25 PM

Where were the Notes? See the pic below. You will get your answer

The recently deleted folder will exist only if you deleted Notes from iCloud or from the "On My Phone" Folder. Deletion from other Folders does not use Recently Deleted Sub-Folder.

2 replies

Older notes are missing from IPhone notes app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.