Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Series 7 ECG Not Working?

Hello everyone!

I've had my apple watch for a few months now and the ECG app suddenly stopped working. At first, I could get it to work by pressing the crown while in the app, but now I can't get it to work at all.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, I've tried cleaning it with gentle soap, running it under water, restarting my apple watch, etc. I feel like I've exhausted everything I can do. Meanwhile, everything else on my watch works perfectly. I'm at a loss as to what to do know, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Apple Watch Series 7, watchOS 8

Posted on May 2, 2022 7:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2022 7:26 AM

Have you relocated to a country or region where ECGs are legally restricted? If so, this is expected.

Countries and regions: watchOS - Feature Availability - Apple

General info: Take an ECG with the ECG app on Apple Watch - Apple Support

If you have not, then use the Get Support link in the upper right of this webpage, and discuss this with Apple.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 2, 2022 7:26 AM in response to Foxenfriend

Have you relocated to a country or region where ECGs are legally restricted? If so, this is expected.

Countries and regions: watchOS - Feature Availability - Apple

General info: Take an ECG with the ECG app on Apple Watch - Apple Support

If you have not, then use the Get Support link in the upper right of this webpage, and discuss this with Apple.

May 2, 2022 8:04 AM in response to Foxenfriend

Plan B;

On your phone go to: Settings/General/Reset/Reset All Settings.

This will erase your settings (without losing any data) and will allow you to re-setup the health app and re-enable the ecg app.

Be aware though that this will delete any cards setup in apple pay.

Apple Watch Series 7 ECG Not Working?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.