Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Related Article: Take an ECG with the ECG app on Apple Watch

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ecg will not work

No matter what I do, how tight my watch is or how still my arm is resting on the table the ecg app no longer works. I have hard reset the watch, updated to the most current version, uninstalled and reinstalled the ecg app. It use to work and now it won’t. It just bounces back an and forth between 30 and 29seconds or starts to read and then at 20 seconds restarts. I was recommended to get the watch by my cardiologist just for this feature and mine seems to be broken.

Apple Watch Series 6

Posted on Oct 11, 2022 5:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2022 6:38 PM

Hello,

1. Make sure that your Apple Watch is snug and on the wrist that you selected in the Apple Watch app. To check, open the Apple Watch app, tap the My Watch tab, then go to General > Watch Orientation.
  2. Open the ECG app  on your Apple Watch.
  3. Rest your arms on a table or in your lap. 
  4. With the hand opposite your watch, hold your finger on the Digital Crown. You don't need to press the Digital Crown during the session. 
  5. Wait. The recording takes 30 seconds. At the end of the recording, you will receive a classification, then you can tap Add Symptoms and choose your symptoms.
  6. Tap Save to note any symptoms, then tap Done.

Take an ECG with the ECG app on Apple Watch - Apple Support

If you continue to have issues, you can contact Apple Support.

Thanks for reaching out! -Drake

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 11, 2022 6:38 PM in response to SamanthaLouise55

Hello,

1. Make sure that your Apple Watch is snug and on the wrist that you selected in the Apple Watch app. To check, open the Apple Watch app, tap the My Watch tab, then go to General > Watch Orientation.
  2. Open the ECG app  on your Apple Watch.
  3. Rest your arms on a table or in your lap. 
  4. With the hand opposite your watch, hold your finger on the Digital Crown. You don't need to press the Digital Crown during the session. 
  5. Wait. The recording takes 30 seconds. At the end of the recording, you will receive a classification, then you can tap Add Symptoms and choose your symptoms.
  6. Tap Save to note any symptoms, then tap Done.

Take an ECG with the ECG app on Apple Watch - Apple Support

If you continue to have issues, you can contact Apple Support.

Thanks for reaching out! -Drake

Ecg will not work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.