Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keychain: Multiple Accounts On the Same Website

Hello,

Sometimes you have more than 1 ID for the same website.

1Password manages that easily but now that I switch to Keychain I'm not sure how to do that.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Posted on May 2, 2022 8:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2022 8:57 AM

As you use Safari, when you log in to a new website, or a previously visited website with a new user ID and password, Safari will (usually) ask if you'd like to save that credentials combination in its password manager. Click the affirmative and that's it.

The next time you wish to login to that site, you will be prompted to select the appropriate UID & password.

Optionally, you can manually enter the UID & PW into the Safari password mgr by visiting Safari Preferences > Passwords and unlocking the pane then enter the info you'd like it to remember.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 2, 2022 8:57 AM in response to eminparis

As you use Safari, when you log in to a new website, or a previously visited website with a new user ID and password, Safari will (usually) ask if you'd like to save that credentials combination in its password manager. Click the affirmative and that's it.

The next time you wish to login to that site, you will be prompted to select the appropriate UID & password.

Optionally, you can manually enter the UID & PW into the Safari password mgr by visiting Safari Preferences > Passwords and unlocking the pane then enter the info you'd like it to remember.

May 3, 2022 5:00 AM in response to eminparis

From my experience Safari and Keychain Password is a little less flexible from a Third Party Password Application. The solution from D.I. Johnson would work.

Example - Same Website and wife has User ID and Password, I have a separate User ID and Password. She uses a separate Windows based computer I use Only Apple.

When I try to use her ID and P/W on Apple computer - It wants to UpDate the Wife ID / P/W which I choose to not to do.

Keychain: Multiple Accounts On the Same Website

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.