Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

video_ts- family videos wanting to upload to my Mac

How do I do this ? 10 ears of home videos on dads in video_ts format - simply now want to upload to Mac for safe keeping and watching on Apple TV

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on May 2, 2022 9:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2022 1:34 PM

Great help guys - thank you. Sorting through my dvds, transferring the dvd's to Mac, and importing through iSuperDVD Ripper. So far so good - just very very time consuming! Bit by bit I'll get there! Thanks again for all advice.

8 replies

May 2, 2022 10:16 AM in response to Stressed Mum

Hi, Stressed Mum, maybe i can help you.. are the home videos on another Mac ? if it’s on another Mac… turn on File Sharing on One Mac and File sharing on the other Mac and link ‘em together

this link should help : Use Ethernet to connect two Mac computers - Apple Support (CA)

Thanks for that little bit of info, stressed mum, now we know what media and what format you’re dealing with..

you could give this a try: https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjHm9OnpsH3AhUyJDQIHeZ2BR4QFnoECCUQAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fapps.apple.com%2Fus%2Fapp%2Fisuper-dvd-ripper%2Fid625150797%3Fmt%3D12&usg=AOvVaw1PqbXdLoxrPhSJCQGO4O0U ( that’s an app store link)

Handbrake may work fine too ( www. handbrake.fr)

And of course you’ll need an external dvd drive..🙄

john b

May 2, 2022 9:46 AM in response to Stressed Mum

Without any details such as the media the movies are on and specifically which model year iMac you own it is tough to be more specific with an answer. Without you letting us know these details we are dead in the water!

BTW, you also sound like a candidate for iMovie to edit and customize the family videos too. I am sure you know this but iMovie is already pre-installed on the computer.

May 2, 2022 10:48 AM in response to Stressed Mum

Well the easiest method is to connect a USB DVD drive to your iMac and copy and paste them to your iMac. Do you have a USB DVD drive, they are inexpensive and simple to operate. I would recommend navigating to macsales.com where they have many different models that will work. Something like a OWC Slim 8X Super-Multi DVD/CD Burner/Reader... at MacSales.com would work.

Once imported then you can use a file converter to convert the Video_ts format to MP4. You can use the free version of Handbrake to do that. You can learn how by watching a Youtube video, for example: How To Convert A File To A Perfect MP4 In Handbrake 👨‍🏫 (Alternate Method In Description) - YouTube

Once the file is in MP4 you can stream to your Apple TV.

video_ts- family videos wanting to upload to my Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.