Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Daughter lost all of her TikTok videos. Help

My daughter got a new iPhone and I helped her with the data transfer from her old one.

I backed up the phone to a Mac encrypting the backup with a password and backed it up to iCloud too, then wirelessly transferred all the info from the old iPhone into the new one using the iOS migration assistant. She didn't start using the new iPhone immediately because it was still missing a screen protector so she continued using her old one for one day more after finishing the backup and transfer process while I installed this.

During this time after the backup was done she downloaded to the iPhone camera roll all the videos she had on TikTok of her cat since she was a baby kitten until now, there were lots of videos as her cat is almost 2 years old. She then renamed that TikTok account and deleted its contents. She was planning to transfer all these videos from the camera roll to another TikTok account but she got distracted and forgot to do this.

When I got the screen protector installed I moved the SIM card of her old phone and proceeded to completely erase her old iPhone. She didn't have iCloud Photos enabled so there was no backup of all the videos of her cat that she downloaded to camera roll. All her cat videos are now gone.

Do you know if TikTok saves some kind of cache that could have been backed up to the Mac and that could be accessed to see if there is any way to get back these videos? There are programs like Macroplant iExplorer that let you extract lots of information from inside a backup file, but if TikTok doesn't keep any kind of cache in a readable way all this is going to be worthless. At the time I took the backup all the cat videos were still inside the TikTok account but I don't know if TikTok keep them on the iPhone as cache or just in the cloud.

I appreciate any help with this. I can not describe how distraught my kid is over this situation.

Posted on May 2, 2022 11:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2022 11:35 AM

You'll have to ask TikTok support if the account is recoverable or whether they maintain any kind of cache.

Similar questions

1 reply

Daughter lost all of her TikTok videos. Help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.