Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone voicemail issue

When someone leaves a voicemail on my iPhone 11, I can see that I have received a call because the "recents" icon at the bottom of the screen indicates a new call. But the nearby voicemail display does not show that the caller has left a message. A few hours later, typically when I am using the phone for another call, the voicemail indicator will light up and I will then be able to access the missing voicemail. But it is very frustrating not to be able to access the voicemail in a timely fashion. Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Posted on May 2, 2022 12:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2022 12:47 PM

Roaming off is not a problem, unless you are not in an AT&T area.

Calls on other devices is irrelevant.

Turning on Wi-Fi calling might help, but unlikely.

But all of voicemail, including visual voicemail, is controlled by your carrier, so you need to work with them to solve it. At least AT&T is easier to work with than Verizon 😈

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 2, 2022 12:47 PM in response to Minnesota Rex

Roaming off is not a problem, unless you are not in an AT&T area.

Calls on other devices is irrelevant.

Turning on Wi-Fi calling might help, but unlikely.

But all of voicemail, including visual voicemail, is controlled by your carrier, so you need to work with them to solve it. At least AT&T is easier to work with than Verizon 😈

iPhone voicemail issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.