Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I be removed from Wonder's mailing list

I get swamped with junk mail from Wonder food delivery. How do I stop this?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.13

Posted on May 3, 2022 3:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2022 7:18 AM

If you purchased anything from Wonder, then they know your email address and there ought to be an unsubscribe link at the bottom of that junk mail. If not, or you have never done business with Wonder, then click nothing on that email that would confirm your current email address. Instead…

Launch Apple Mail, select one of these Wonder email items, and under Mail Preferences, select the Rules panel. Click Add Rule and give it a name (e.g. SPAM). You should see the following default panel with the From mail header string in the contains window, because you selected a Wonder message previously. You can click on the right-most text, and use your left/right arrow keys to move within it.

If it were a perfect world, this would be enough, but Mail From header content can be changed to reflect a different SPAM campaign and you cannot depend on that always being the same server domain (e.g. something@wonder.com). So, we need to change the From header field to something more accurate, and Apple does not provide it on that From selection menu.

Click on the From selector and at the very bottom, click on Edit header list… This new panel will allow you to provide additional Mail header fields that will appear on the From Selection menu. I have added Return-Path, which is a fixed mail server that allows SPAM to have different accounts and From mail header addresses. By filtering on that Return-Path used by Wonder, you stop their junk mail, at least for the one account they are using on that server.

Now, Return-Path is available on the From selector, and when you choose Return-Path, the contents in the contains window automatically change to their Return-Path mail server. And your rule now looks like this (except for the specific Return-Path server), and Trash is set to Trash on my Mac. You can manage your Trash by the Mail menu > Erase Deleted Items > In all accounts.

You will notice that the Return-Path shown above begins with <SRSO=... and that entire string uniquely identifies the account number that originated this particular SPAM content. The same SPAM source can use multiple, unique accounts on the same Return-Path mail server which may require you to enter additional rules if you start receiving SPAM that you thought you had blocked.

When you click OK on this new rule, it will automatically become active and prompt you to apply this new rule to all messages that match that Return-Path address. You can click Apply and thy shall be done, or Don't Apply.

In any event, future emails received from Wonder should not show up in your inbox, but rather meet their fate as you have set in the Perform the following actions section of the new SPAM rule.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 3, 2022 7:18 AM in response to Al_Patetta

If you purchased anything from Wonder, then they know your email address and there ought to be an unsubscribe link at the bottom of that junk mail. If not, or you have never done business with Wonder, then click nothing on that email that would confirm your current email address. Instead…

Launch Apple Mail, select one of these Wonder email items, and under Mail Preferences, select the Rules panel. Click Add Rule and give it a name (e.g. SPAM). You should see the following default panel with the From mail header string in the contains window, because you selected a Wonder message previously. You can click on the right-most text, and use your left/right arrow keys to move within it.

If it were a perfect world, this would be enough, but Mail From header content can be changed to reflect a different SPAM campaign and you cannot depend on that always being the same server domain (e.g. something@wonder.com). So, we need to change the From header field to something more accurate, and Apple does not provide it on that From selection menu.

Click on the From selector and at the very bottom, click on Edit header list… This new panel will allow you to provide additional Mail header fields that will appear on the From Selection menu. I have added Return-Path, which is a fixed mail server that allows SPAM to have different accounts and From mail header addresses. By filtering on that Return-Path used by Wonder, you stop their junk mail, at least for the one account they are using on that server.

Now, Return-Path is available on the From selector, and when you choose Return-Path, the contents in the contains window automatically change to their Return-Path mail server. And your rule now looks like this (except for the specific Return-Path server), and Trash is set to Trash on my Mac. You can manage your Trash by the Mail menu > Erase Deleted Items > In all accounts.

You will notice that the Return-Path shown above begins with <SRSO=... and that entire string uniquely identifies the account number that originated this particular SPAM content. The same SPAM source can use multiple, unique accounts on the same Return-Path mail server which may require you to enter additional rules if you start receiving SPAM that you thought you had blocked.

When you click OK on this new rule, it will automatically become active and prompt you to apply this new rule to all messages that match that Return-Path address. You can click Apply and thy shall be done, or Don't Apply.

In any event, future emails received from Wonder should not show up in your inbox, but rather meet their fate as you have set in the Perform the following actions section of the new SPAM rule.

How can I be removed from Wonder's mailing list

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.