Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

programma windows su mac

Buongiorno a tutti,

uso abitualmente un mac.

Vorrei acquistare un nuovo mac per mia mamma che però lo utilizzerà prevalentemente per il burraco (gioco di carte) e necessiterà di installare un programma apposito (gtburraco) per la gestione dei tornei che purtroppo funziona solo con Windows. Esiste il modo per ripartire un mac e usarlo in modo agevole in ambiente Windows, senza scaricare programmi complicati che necessitano di essere sempre online su internet tenendo conto che mia mamma ha 75 anni e non molto tecnologica? In caso contrario dovrò rinunciare al mac e i dispiacerebbe visto che le ho già acquistato un iPhone e si trova benissimo.

Grazie per le informazioni che potrete trasmettermi.

Matteo

MacBook

Posted on May 3, 2022 3:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2022 8:39 AM

Translation:

"Good morning everyone, I usually use a mac. I would like to buy a new mac for my mom but she will mainly use it for burraco (card game) and will need to install a special program (gtburraco) for managing tournaments which unfortunately only works with Windows. Is there a way to restart a Mac and use it easily in a Windows environment, without downloading complicated programs that need to be always online on the internet, taking into account that my mom is 75 years old and not very technological? Otherwise I will have to give up the mac and i would be sorry since I already bought her an iPhone and she is fine. Thanks for the information you can send me. Matteo"

If you want to use a Mac, you need to use an App written for Macs.

You can't just run a Windows environment on a Mac. For the Intel Macs, you could use a Virtual Machine to do so, but for the M1 chip Macs that essentially impossible. And the VM setup requires you own a Microsoft Windows license.

The VM use process is that "complicated" one you say you want to avoid.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 18, 2022 8:39 AM in response to Whippet73

Translation:

"Good morning everyone, I usually use a mac. I would like to buy a new mac for my mom but she will mainly use it for burraco (card game) and will need to install a special program (gtburraco) for managing tournaments which unfortunately only works with Windows. Is there a way to restart a Mac and use it easily in a Windows environment, without downloading complicated programs that need to be always online on the internet, taking into account that my mom is 75 years old and not very technological? Otherwise I will have to give up the mac and i would be sorry since I already bought her an iPhone and she is fine. Thanks for the information you can send me. Matteo"

If you want to use a Mac, you need to use an App written for Macs.

You can't just run a Windows environment on a Mac. For the Intel Macs, you could use a Virtual Machine to do so, but for the M1 chip Macs that essentially impossible. And the VM setup requires you own a Microsoft Windows license.

The VM use process is that "complicated" one you say you want to avoid.

programma windows su mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.