Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Flashing light on Apple TV

I’ve had my Apple TV for about 4-5 months now and have never had a problem until this morning when I woke up and the light on the device was flashing and it’s not responding to the remote at all. It’s a continuous flashing and I can’t get any sort of signal or connection to be able to use it. I’ve tried unplugging it from the wall and using different HDMI cables but nothing is working. I’ve also had the remote charging all day but even that hasn’t helped so I know it’s not an issue with the remote. Please help!!

Posted on May 3, 2022 4:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2022 5:00 AM

First try a cold restart (disconnect from power for a minute or two). If that doesn’t improve it, then the system software may need to be restored.

For Apple TV 4K model, you will need the assistance from Apple. Users can’t restore this model themselves externally.

Restore your Apple TV - Apple Support

If you have an Apple TV 4K
If you see a […] flashing indicator light on the front of your Apple TV, contact Apple Support.
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 3, 2022 5:00 AM in response to aimeei99

First try a cold restart (disconnect from power for a minute or two). If that doesn’t improve it, then the system software may need to be restored.

For Apple TV 4K model, you will need the assistance from Apple. Users can’t restore this model themselves externally.

Restore your Apple TV - Apple Support

If you have an Apple TV 4K
If you see a […] flashing indicator light on the front of your Apple TV, contact Apple Support.

May 3, 2022 9:18 AM in response to aimeei99

This just happened to me two days ago!

I tried different hdmi cords, and switching tvs. Nothing worked. I read that the Apple TV was in recovery mode and would need to be taken down to the apple store. I did that, and they plugged it in and it worked immediately. So I’m not sure what happened, but they have the means to get it out of recovery mode if that’s what’s going on. They reset mine just to be safe even though it was working fine. Haven’t had issues again so far.

Flashing light on Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.