Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple TV light is on and it won’t work

My Apple TV stopped working. Remote is charged and the light is on. I’ve unplugged it and tried to reset. How can I get it to work?

Apple TV (4th generation)

Posted on Jan 4, 2023 2:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2023 3:03 PM

If your Apple TV is not responding and the light is on, there are a few things you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Restart your Apple TV: Restarting your Apple TV may help resolve the issue if it is caused by a minor software glitch. To restart your Apple TV, go to "Settings" > "System" > "Restart."
  2. Check the HDMI cable and port: Make sure that the HDMI cable is securely connected to both your Apple TV and your television or monitor, and that the port is not damaged. You can also try using a different HDMI cable or port to see if that resolves the issue.
  3. Check your Wi-Fi connection: Make sure that your Apple TV is connected to a stable Wi-Fi network. If you are using a wired connection, make sure that the Ethernet cable is securely connected to both your Apple TV and your router.
  4. Reset your Apple TV: If the above steps do not help, you may need to reset your Apple TV. To do this, go to "Settings" > "System" > "Reset" and follow the prompts to reset your Apple TV. Please note that resetting your Apple TV will erase all of your settings and preferences, so you will need to set it up again after resetting.

I hope these suggestions are helpful and that you are able to get your Apple TV working again. If you continue to have problems, you may need to contact Apple support for further assistance.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 4, 2023 3:03 PM in response to cedelman

If your Apple TV is not responding and the light is on, there are a few things you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Restart your Apple TV: Restarting your Apple TV may help resolve the issue if it is caused by a minor software glitch. To restart your Apple TV, go to "Settings" > "System" > "Restart."
  2. Check the HDMI cable and port: Make sure that the HDMI cable is securely connected to both your Apple TV and your television or monitor, and that the port is not damaged. You can also try using a different HDMI cable or port to see if that resolves the issue.
  3. Check your Wi-Fi connection: Make sure that your Apple TV is connected to a stable Wi-Fi network. If you are using a wired connection, make sure that the Ethernet cable is securely connected to both your Apple TV and your router.
  4. Reset your Apple TV: If the above steps do not help, you may need to reset your Apple TV. To do this, go to "Settings" > "System" > "Reset" and follow the prompts to reset your Apple TV. Please note that resetting your Apple TV will erase all of your settings and preferences, so you will need to set it up again after resetting.

I hope these suggestions are helpful and that you are able to get your Apple TV working again. If you continue to have problems, you may need to contact Apple support for further assistance.

My Apple TV light is on and it won’t work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.