Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can a person access my phone if they are listed as a "trusted number"?

I only have 1 Apple device so if I lose my phone I need that two factor authentication code sent to a different "trusted number".

Since I only have 1 device, that number has to belong to another person's device. Can the person with that device access my iPhone/iCloud account without my permission?

iPhone 13, iOS 15

Posted on May 3, 2022 6:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2022 6:32 AM

They would have to know your AppleID password as well. So as long as you use a strong password and keep it strictly confidential, they would not be able to log in to your account.

Nobody needs a 2FA code to access your device. All they need to know is your screen lock passcode, so again don’t let anyone know that.

In the USA you can get yourself and use a Google voice number as a backup number as well.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 3, 2022 6:32 AM in response to tjaburke88

They would have to know your AppleID password as well. So as long as you use a strong password and keep it strictly confidential, they would not be able to log in to your account.

Nobody needs a 2FA code to access your device. All they need to know is your screen lock passcode, so again don’t let anyone know that.

In the USA you can get yourself and use a Google voice number as a backup number as well.

Can a person access my phone if they are listed as a "trusted number"?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.