Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What TokenFactoryiFrame is?

Hi Everyone: I am wondering what TokenFactoryiframe is??? It keeps trying to download blocking me from doing my work. Thank you

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 3, 2022 9:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2022 9:53 AM

Looks like an issue with Microsoft's website for the Outlook web based email client.

Several reports of this happening in Safari on Mac.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum/all/token-factory-iframe/f554b805-a05a-42cb-8821-2d7630143128

https://www.reddit.com/r/Outlook/comments/uh927i/i_download_a_file_every_time_i_open_outlook_on/

24 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 3, 2022 11:16 AM in response to GBSTAGE

Tokenfactoryiframe issue

Yes, this is appears to be impacting anyone who's accessing Office 365 from the Safari browser. This apparently started early this morning. I've advised Apple users, on a Microsoft message board to please don't make any setting changes to your systems, and don't down load this. The issue would be related to a change on Microsoft's side and they have to fix it.

This is impacting all of O365 when accessed using Safari.

For iOS users, try using the Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel apps as a workaround.

For Mac users, try using the desktop app as a workaround.

An iFrame (Inline Frame) is an HTML element that loads another HTML element inside of a web page. iFrames are commonly used to embed an external ad, video, analytics tag, or another interactive element without having to add them to your web as a traditional element.

May 4, 2022 10:09 AM in response to GBSTAGE

I started having the same issue yesterday while using Outlook with Safari! Here's how I found out how to stop it:

Click "Safari" at the top of your screen and open up Preferences. At the top menu, click on "Websites". Then, on the vertical lefthand menu, click on "Downloads". From there, scroll through the list until you find Outlook. Click the dropdown menu next to Outlook and select "Deny". This will stop Outlook from downloading token factory iframe.

After that, make sure it is NOT listed in the "Extensions" section of the Preferences menu. If it is, I'd remove it.

Hope it works for you!

May 3, 2022 9:21 PM in response to GBSTAGE

TokenFactoryIFrame downloading and not opening document for one of our customers when they open Excel documents on Excel online. We also tested Word online and same TokenFactoryIFrame iframe file downloading repeatedly and not opening. So our guess is all M365 web apps are affected for some people across all M365 tenants using Mac / Safari browser. This also affects Outlook on web, Word and other apps to random users arcoss M365 tenants.

We are got a customer to test Chrome and Edge browser on Mac via App Store to see if its a temp workaround. I got a report from my Mac M365 client after I suggested the workaround and the TokenFactoryIFrame is not happening on Chrome or Edge. Hopefully Microsoft sorts the M365 web apps problem for Safari browser soon.

May 4, 2022 6:10 PM in response to GBSTAGE

Issue identified

A faulty server-side update released to Outlook is causing the "TokenFactoryIframe" to automatically download itself when Safari users visit the web version of Microsoft Outlook. The 0 KB file does not have a file extension and cannot be opened.

It's not malicious

The file is not malware, its annoying, but harmless. The file's original purpose was to act as an element to serve interactive content or videos on the site.

Next steps

A Microsoft spokesperson acknowledged the issue while stating that users can resolve it in the meantime by switching to other browsers to access the email service. However, some users reported the same problem on alternate browsers like Firefox....at least Microsoft has 'owned' this.

What TokenFactoryiFrame is?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.