Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use Maps without a sim card while on a walk with my iPad?

with my new iPad air, can i use os maps without a sim card on a walk?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on May 3, 2022 1:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2022 8:44 AM

Hello Porcelainpotter,

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Internet will be required when initially finding your location. While on a walk maps may not be able to update properly without a connection.

To find your location and provide accurate directions, iPad must be connected to the internet, and Location Services must be turned on.

As outlined here: View maps on iPad

Hopefully this helps.

Cheers!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 4, 2022 8:44 AM in response to Porcelainpotter

Hello Porcelainpotter,

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Internet will be required when initially finding your location. While on a walk maps may not be able to update properly without a connection.

To find your location and provide accurate directions, iPad must be connected to the internet, and Location Services must be turned on.

As outlined here: View maps on iPad

Hopefully this helps.

Cheers!

May 4, 2022 10:38 AM in response to Porcelainpotter

The OS Maps App requires that you download and install a local map file. After downloading maps of interest, you don’t need an active network connection to use the App.

If you intend to benefit from accurate location, you will need a WiFi+Cellular model of iPad; only these models have GPS capabilities. To use the OS Maps App with downloaded maps, you won’t need an active cellular or WiFi connection to navigate.

Can I use Maps without a sim card while on a walk with my iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.