Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macbook pro 2015 ram problem

hi there,

I got used MacBook Pro 2015 15 inch .By mistake screen got broken but I thought I could use hdmi out to monitor or tv but it won't boot it will charge the battery without any problem and when I press the power button only cpu fan works but won't boot then I search around and find out if I unplug the battery connector and reconnect the battery that will reset the power cycle then it should boot. I did that but after that now it give me ram error meaning it will do beeps 3 time every 5 second and won't boot it just keep doing that again and again .

any diagnose or MacBook is dead please help me any ways you can

I have mid 2015 MacBook Pro 1398 EMC 2909 Idont know. it helps or

Posted on May 3, 2022 3:10 PM

Similar questions

4 replies

May 3, 2022 3:49 PM in response to Amer Mirza

Amer Mirza wrote:

hi there,
I got used MacBook Pro 2015 15 inch .By mistake screen got broken but I thought I could use hdmi out to monitor or tv but it won't boot it will charge the battery without any problem and when I press the power button only cpu fan works but won't boot then I search around and find out if I unplug the battery connector and reconnect the battery that will reset the power cycle then it should boot. I did that but after that now it give me ram error meaning it will do beeps 3 time every 5 second and won't boot it just keep doing that again and again .
any diagnose or MacBook is dead please help me any ways you can
I have mid 2015 MacBook Pro 1398 EMC 2909 Idont know. it helps or

Classic issue with RAM—

Unfortunately the fix is a new logic board since all RAM is soldered using (SMT) Surface Mount Technology.

If your Mac beeps during startup - Apple Support

May 6, 2022 11:59 AM in response to Amer Mirza

Amer Mirza wrote:

thankyou for your response but i know it already i have never drop this macbook is there any way to diagnose what is the actual problem like power cycle the macbook again or any thing els

If you can not run the User Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support

Then take it in—

In or out of warranty you can get a free over the counter 'Apple Service Diagnostics' test /assessment

Make an appointment for a "hardware issue"

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Outside the USA

https://locate.apple.com/country

macbook pro 2015 ram problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.