Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disk Utility Volumes For MacBook Air Compromized

Disk Utility Volumes For MacBook Air has bluetooth devices greyed out that I don't have. There is a mobile device that controls it so I decided to reinstall Monterey and view what is in the volumes after the new install. I checked Windows log during install with many errors saying must allow external scripts which get accepted after receiving the plists. I can't erase the volumes and Apple says there's nothing wrong with my MacBook. I do not want to have an open directory in my mac or to share files which I am forced to do. Does anyone no how I can totally erase my disk Utility and then reinstall to a fresh set? I have had my MacBook cleaned out several times at the Apple Genius center but there are commands that block access to the compromized files that do not allow them to be erased. I am not a developer and I do not want to have others using my MacBook Files which I am forced to do. Also I am a User with Admiinistrator rights but there is 2 sets with my name. One set controls items in my files and the other set controls many files that I do not have privileges to make changes to. There is an admin, Administrator and Administrators. I know this sounds unreal but I have had a problem with intruders for several years and it would be nice to have a private computer and not a working computer. I hope someone will know or be able to give me advice to whom could fix this problem. Many thanks

Posted on May 3, 2022 8:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2022 11:23 PM

You use Disk Utility to perform certain functions on a disk. DU is at its core, just an app. But you can't erase the drive from which your are operating.

If you wish to erase your Mac's drive and start over, this will return it to the original new in the box condition : What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac - Apple Support

Before you do anything, make a backup with TimeMachine. For added data security, make two.

From you post, you sound to be a bit confused about Mac operations and usage and since "Apple says there's nothing wrong with my MacBook" have you consider that may be correct and you just need to read up on all your Mac's capabilities and usages?

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 3, 2022 11:23 PM in response to Tanya66P

You use Disk Utility to perform certain functions on a disk. DU is at its core, just an app. But you can't erase the drive from which your are operating.

If you wish to erase your Mac's drive and start over, this will return it to the original new in the box condition : What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac - Apple Support

Before you do anything, make a backup with TimeMachine. For added data security, make two.

From you post, you sound to be a bit confused about Mac operations and usage and since "Apple says there's nothing wrong with my MacBook" have you consider that may be correct and you just need to read up on all your Mac's capabilities and usages?

Disk Utility Volumes For MacBook Air Compromized

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.