Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t unlock AppleID on Ipad

My mom got locked out of her iPad after not entering the right password and I am having a hard time trying to set up her iPad again. I’m manually setting up her iPad and I get this

I go to iCloud and enter her appleID and get a message that reply’s “This Apple ID has been locked for security reasons. You must unlock your account before signing in.” <image below>

I go press the “Unlock Account” blue tab and there’s two ways to unlock the account. Either through the email or the security question. Problem is, she forgot her answer to the security questions and the email where Apple would send instructions to unlock her account is the very same email where her account is locked and I can’t access her email.

<image below>

I tried clicking the option of “Get an email” route and to see what happens and I’m back to where I started.

<image below>

I don’t know what to do at this point. Oh and we tried using her iPhone to use the find my iPhone to try and unlock her iPad but unfortunately the iPad wasn’t added to her device list before this all started.

Posted on May 3, 2022 11:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2022 1:18 AM

Start here:

If your Apple ID is locked or disabled - Apple Support

If you continue to experience difficulties, you might be best advised to seek assistance directly from from Apple Support. You can contact the Support Team using the Get Support link at top-right of this page. Alternatively, you can initiate and manage your support cases from another device using the excellent Apple Support App. If not already installed on your iPad, the App can be downloaded from the App Store:

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/apple-support/id1130498044

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 4, 2022 1:18 AM in response to Dewraindrop

Start here:

If your Apple ID is locked or disabled - Apple Support

If you continue to experience difficulties, you might be best advised to seek assistance directly from from Apple Support. You can contact the Support Team using the Get Support link at top-right of this page. Alternatively, you can initiate and manage your support cases from another device using the excellent Apple Support App. If not already installed on your iPad, the App can be downloaded from the App Store:

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/apple-support/id1130498044

Can’t unlock AppleID on Ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.