Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stabilization is buggy since 10.6.2

Hi everyone,

I'm working with FCP now for over several years and always appreciated the stabilization. I work with sliders and jibs, so the FCP stabilizations are perfect so smooth out the little shakes I got from my product shootings. But now, I have a huge problem in FCP and I just could not find any other topic regarding this following issue:

Since the latest update 10.6.2, when I apply a stabilization (regardless of the method and parameters, because I tried a bunch of different methods and smoothing strengths) the clips I select RANDOMLY gets a stuttering added. But the weird thing is, it is randomly. Sometimes it is absolutely okay, but sometimes its a mess. Rerendering the clip or the whole project does not help. Every time I export the project, one of the clips is stuttering. And it is always another clip that is messy after the export. This is a huge problem.

BTW my specs: MacBook Pro M1 Max 16"

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on May 4, 2022 2:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2022 1:18 AM

As nobody appears to have responded may I suggest that you try deleting the preferences which should be a first step whenever FCP X starts misbehaving.

Hold down the Option and Command keys as you launch FCP X and select Delete Preferences in the window that opens.

FCP X will open with a new Library called "Untitled" and you will have to navigate to the one you were working on.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2022 1:18 AM in response to TechMoe

As nobody appears to have responded may I suggest that you try deleting the preferences which should be a first step whenever FCP X starts misbehaving.

Hold down the Option and Command keys as you launch FCP X and select Delete Preferences in the window that opens.

FCP X will open with a new Library called "Untitled" and you will have to navigate to the one you were working on.

May 9, 2022 4:45 AM in response to Ian R. Brown

Hi Ian,

I tried the method you suggested, and yeah... so far I exported 3 projects with a lot of stabilized clips with absolutely zero bugs. Even if I can not explain to myself, what specific preferences caused this issue, I'm just super happy I don't have to re-export the same project couple of times just to make sure everything has rendered as it should :-)

Thank you so much!

Stabilization is buggy since 10.6.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.