Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

samsung m8 webcam

Hi

I am using Mac Studio with Samsung M8 display monitor. Somehow I am unable to detect Samsung M8 built in webcam. Would anybody out there know how to resolve this issue?

Mac Studio

Posted on May 4, 2022 4:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2022 5:51 PM

NO NEED TO BUY AN ADAPTER. Nothing was working for my M8 and Studio setup until I tried this from another post:

“In the M8 setting (use the remote control from the monitor, to navigate), go to External Device Manager -> USB source setup -> change it to USB-C. This seems to allow the Mini to detect the M8 and the camera can be used.”

29 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 24, 2022 5:51 PM in response to pachara7773

NO NEED TO BUY AN ADAPTER. Nothing was working for my M8 and Studio setup until I tried this from another post:

“In the M8 setting (use the remote control from the monitor, to navigate), go to External Device Manager -> USB source setup -> change it to USB-C. This seems to allow the Mini to detect the M8 and the camera can be used.”

Aug 15, 2022 6:02 AM in response to ajalnas

Not the case for me at all! I was going to buy two Apply Studio displays, but realisted that I could get 3 (count em .....3) SAMSUNG M8 for the cost of 1 height adjustable studio display. So I bought three Samsung M8s, I have 2 at my work desk and one at home paried with a Thunderbolt display. No doubt the quality of a cheap 4K display at 32 inches is no where near as good as the studio display, but for how I use the monitors they are great.

See screen quality before you buy! See image for work setup! happy boy!

May 4, 2022 7:43 AM in response to pachara7773

They can connect the webcam any way they want inside the display unit itself.

But to get the data into your Mac, the camera still has to appear on a standard Mac Bus somewhere. AND you have to ALLOW it to be used by each software you want to use it -- whether in Safari preferences on a web-site by web-site basis, or in

system preferences > Security & privacy > Privacy > Camera ...

,,, and the authorize each software package to use the camera data.

May 4, 2022 8:22 AM in response to pachara7773

I read that the SjatFit camera connected via plugin to the monitor and connects to other devices via wifi. The M8 connects via wifi to your wifi network.

have you connected the M8 to your wifi network?

Jere is the manual.

https://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/202204/20220426092954569/SMGATSCB-1.7.0.D07_EM_PONTUS_USA_ENG-US_220419.0.pdf

I find the manual hard to use.

[This is a Direct Download Link]

Jun 2, 2022 5:35 AM in response to pachara7773

I found the M8 terrible in terms of quality or maybe i got a bad piece of hardware, the usbc connection is flaky.

i would lose the signal if i changed the height of the monitor and the colours are not as rich as my thinkvision monitor. Called the support 4 times and got disconnected every time. Decided to return it for a refund , better luck to you all.

Jul 19, 2022 12:18 PM in response to pachara7773

Mine didn't work on my 2010 Mac Pro until I unplugged my USB-C from the port next to the power cord and connected it to the USB-C next to the HDMI port. Facing the back panel that would be on the left. I also have had to change HDMI ports on my video card to stop the screen from blinking on and off twice already. I think it gets confused trying to auto detect.

samsung m8 webcam

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.