Related Article: Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not getting verification code on my android phone using my apple music app

Posted on May 4, 2022 8:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2022 6:03 PM

OK you all. GOT the FIX on this problem. I hope you all get this. On your android phone google search appleid (space) official. Then click on Apple ID - Official Apple Support. Then click in blue letters- visit your Apple ID account page. Then click on blue Sign In. Use your ID and password. You will get a verification code text so write down the number. Don't close anything. Now go to your Apple Music App on your phone and tap it. Sign in using your ID and password. When you get the verification code boxes....... put in the verification code that you wrote down from the text. Hit Done or Enter and....... BINGO you are in and have access to your Library and songs etc. etc. etc. Success and Happy Listening to you all.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2022 6:03 PM in response to Psalms6666

OK you all. GOT the FIX on this problem. I hope you all get this. On your android phone google search appleid (space) official. Then click on Apple ID - Official Apple Support. Then click in blue letters- visit your Apple ID account page. Then click on blue Sign In. Use your ID and password. You will get a verification code text so write down the number. Don't close anything. Now go to your Apple Music App on your phone and tap it. Sign in using your ID and password. When you get the verification code boxes....... put in the verification code that you wrote down from the text. Hit Done or Enter and....... BINGO you are in and have access to your Library and songs etc. etc. etc. Success and Happy Listening to you all.

May 4, 2022 1:26 PM in response to Psalms6666

I'm also having this issue. Whenever I enter my Apple ID and password, I am then asked to enter the verification code that was sent to my other devices or to my trusted phone number. Since I am using Android, I don't think I have the option to elect a trusted device. On the other hand, I did check on my Apple acct via a web browser that I do have a trusted phone number, yet I'm not receiving a verification code via this number for this sign-in attempt.

May 4, 2022 2:48 PM in response to kvn_d

yes i understand. pulling my hair out over this. not able to listen to my music that i paid a lot of money for over the years. bad enough i have to subscribe to apple music because my google chromebook cant use itunes. apple music app works fine on my chromebook but now cant use the app on my google android phone. however apple does send averificarion code to my phone for icloud and apple support........ but does not send verification code when using apple music app on my android phone. tried to find a place to authorize but no luck. this is crazy. came up with a new dictionary term "trans-platformanism" Lol

May 4, 2022 10:17 PM in response to Psalms6666

I'm having this problem too. I have an android phone and a PC but no Apple devices, thus, verifying with an Apple device is not an option. Spent hours trying to log in to Apple Music without success because of the missing option of getting the verification code via an SMS message.

To Apple, please provide the option of receiving verification codes via phone number to Apple Music on Android, or another way of authenticating without depending on an Apple device.

May 9, 2022 10:56 AM in response to Psalms6666

Hey guys and gals.... forgot to add one thing to the instructions. Don't sign out of the apple music app when you are done listening to your music. Just close the app when done listening. If you sign out then you will have to go through the whole process over again! I am so happy for all of us to be able to listen to our apple music on our android phones. We might very well be the only 4 or 5 people on the Planet who know how to do this. Enjoy..... Word Up.....

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.