Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone is on silent and the camera shutter sound is still on

my phone is on silent and the camera shutter sound is still on

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on May 4, 2022 3:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2022 3:25 PM

Welcome, farahzekry, to Apple Support Communities!

I don’t know all the details, but I do know that there are certain countries that require that photographs must be accompanied by a “camera shutter sound”—by LAW.

In order to abide by such Laws, Apple makes such phones so the “camera shutter sound” cannot be turned off, or even quieted.

So, if your iPhone was originally built for such a country, there is nothing you or even Apple can do to silence such.

(Well. There is the bare possibility that, if you no longer reside within such a jurisdiction, you may be able to have Apple make such a change in your phone. Maybe!)

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 4, 2022 3:25 PM in response to farahzekry

Welcome, farahzekry, to Apple Support Communities!

I don’t know all the details, but I do know that there are certain countries that require that photographs must be accompanied by a “camera shutter sound”—by LAW.

In order to abide by such Laws, Apple makes such phones so the “camera shutter sound” cannot be turned off, or even quieted.

So, if your iPhone was originally built for such a country, there is nothing you or even Apple can do to silence such.

(Well. There is the bare possibility that, if you no longer reside within such a jurisdiction, you may be able to have Apple make such a change in your phone. Maybe!)

May 18, 2022 8:51 AM in response to JovsDeGuzman

Welcome, JovsDeGuzman, to Apple Support Communities!

As I stated, above, I don’t know whether even Apple can make such a change in your iPhone.

All I do know is that if anyone can make such a change, it would have to be Apple.

If nothing else, some sort of exchange might be able to be arranged.

You’ll need to contact Apple, via Get Support, or going into an Apple Store, or an Apple Authorized Service Center.

iPhone is on silent and the camera shutter sound is still on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.