Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do i turn off the camera shutter sound on my iPhone 12

I put my iPhone into silent mode and decreased sound to zero but still the camera shutter sound won't turn off

Also turning live photo on or off didn't fix it

what else to do ?

thank you

Posted on Jun 13, 2021 2:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2021 2:08 AM

There are many countries where putting camera shutters to silent is illegal (e.g. Japan)

Hence, if you have bought an iPhone from Japan or any of these countries, you cannot put it off, it has been designed specifically for a country that does not allow shutting off the sound.

What is the iPhone Model No/ MT0G2J/A ----> On your iPhone. Settings > General > About

"J" means it's made Japan

"X" means it's for Australia

"AB" means UAE

The other letter and digits in the model number may vary. as an e.g. MT0G2J/A

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 13, 2021 2:08 AM in response to rezhwan1994

There are many countries where putting camera shutters to silent is illegal (e.g. Japan)

Hence, if you have bought an iPhone from Japan or any of these countries, you cannot put it off, it has been designed specifically for a country that does not allow shutting off the sound.

What is the iPhone Model No/ MT0G2J/A ----> On your iPhone. Settings > General > About

"J" means it's made Japan

"X" means it's for Australia

"AB" means UAE

The other letter and digits in the model number may vary. as an e.g. MT0G2J/A

How do i turn off the camera shutter sound on my iPhone 12

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.