Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

camera shutter

So I got my iPhone 12, and whenever I take a picture or video or screen recording, the shutter makes sound, even if the phone is in silent mode.in my previous iPhone 7 Plus, when my iPhone was in silent mode, it never had the shutter sound. its annoying me, I just wanna take a picture without the shutter's sound. any suggestions??? (I know taking a Live Photo doesn't make a sound, but I don't wanna take Live Photos)

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 17, 2021 2:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2021 2:14 AM

What is the iPhone Model No/ MT0G2J/A ----> On your iPhone. Settings > General > About

"J" means it's made Japan

"X" means it's for Australia

"AB" means UAE

The other letter and digits in the model number may vary. Is an e.g. MT0G2J/A

There are many countries where putting camera shutters to silent is illegal (e.g. Japan)

Hence, if you have bought an iPhone from Japan or any of these countries, you cannot put it off, it has been designed specifically for a country which does not allow shutting off the sound.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 17, 2021 2:14 AM in response to Celine_JH

What is the iPhone Model No/ MT0G2J/A ----> On your iPhone. Settings > General > About

"J" means it's made Japan

"X" means it's for Australia

"AB" means UAE

The other letter and digits in the model number may vary. Is an e.g. MT0G2J/A

There are many countries where putting camera shutters to silent is illegal (e.g. Japan)

Hence, if you have bought an iPhone from Japan or any of these countries, you cannot put it off, it has been designed specifically for a country which does not allow shutting off the sound.

camera shutter

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.