Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID

Can there be more than one apple ID connected to a phone number? My husband and I are having to share a phone at this time. He had to give up his company phone when he retired and his account was originally connected to the old number that is no longer in service. He wants to create a new apple account using my phone number but I don't want it to mess up my account. Thanks!

iPhone 11

Posted on May 5, 2022 9:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2022 9:16 AM

A phone number can only be attached to one Apple ID at a time. I cannot be used on 2 Apple IDs at the same time.

However, he doesn't need to connect it to a phone number at all. He can create a new account without having an attached phone number at all.

Or he can try to recover the old account: link-> If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Note that all purchases and app downloads will remain tied to the old account, so he would have to start from scratch and have no access to any of his previous purchases or downloads if he creates a new account.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2022 9:16 AM in response to Never-Stop-Learning

A phone number can only be attached to one Apple ID at a time. I cannot be used on 2 Apple IDs at the same time.

However, he doesn't need to connect it to a phone number at all. He can create a new account without having an attached phone number at all.

Or he can try to recover the old account: link-> If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Note that all purchases and app downloads will remain tied to the old account, so he would have to start from scratch and have no access to any of his previous purchases or downloads if he creates a new account.

May 5, 2022 9:09 AM in response to Never-Stop-Learning

Also, he is currently using an old iPhone 6 that doesn't have cell service (only texting/FaceTime calls using his e-mail). He cannot remember his old Apple password connected to the company phone that isn't in service anymore so he cannot download any apps. That is why he wants to create a new account but the only phone number he can connect the account to would be mine. I don't think that will work without interfering my account. Please comment if you can help. Thank you!

Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.