Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBookPro Retina 2014 connects to internet, but not home network

MacBookPro Retina 2014 connects to internet, but not home network. I can surf the web, but I can't connect to other computers on my home network, using Wi-Fi or ethernet via a Thunderbolt Bridge connected to the MBP.

There is no Network displayed on Finder windows on the MBP. I can see the MBP on my MacPro. I can mount the MBP drive on my MacPro desktop, but some of the folders that I can open show no contents, even though I know there are GBs worth of content in them. Notice the twirlies in this screen cap that show several GB, but no contents:

Permissions for this User folder are set to Read & Write.

I'm sure my Sharing and Network settings are correct on all devices. It was working before. Now it isn't. I reinstalled Catalina 10.15.7 on the MBP, and that made no difference.

Also, if I try to mount an external drive connected to the MBP, I get this error message:

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on May 5, 2022 8:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2022 10:53 AM

Hello Jim Curtis,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We see you're having some issues connecting your Mac to shared computers in your home, and we'd like to help. The following link may be able to assist with how to Connect your Mac to shared computers and servers.

If you still need help, please Contact Apple Support.

Regards.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 6, 2022 10:53 AM in response to Jim Curtis

Hello Jim Curtis,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We see you're having some issues connecting your Mac to shared computers in your home, and we'd like to help. The following link may be able to assist with how to Connect your Mac to shared computers and servers.

If you still need help, please Contact Apple Support.

Regards.

MacBookPro Retina 2014 connects to internet, but not home network

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.