Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Old Pages templates disappeared?

Are the Pages templates that disappeared when I upgraded accessible somewhere? Can I put then back into the up graded Pages?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 5, 2022 10:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2022 11:33 AM

There are two scenarios here and you haven't provided Pages version details that would help clarify matters.

1. Migration from Pages '09 to current Pages v11.1 on Catalina
    1. Any version of Pages newer than Pages '09 will migrate (one-time) the older application's user templates (that are compatible) into the newer Pages user templates. The old Pages '09 templates are not removed, and you can see those that were migrated in the current Pages template chooser under My Templates.
    2. The Pages '09 templates that were not migrated will need to be recreated in the current version of Pages, as you cannot force template migration between versions.
  2. An operating system upgrade that did not involve Pages '09 template migration
    1. If item 1 (above) has already taken place, and/or new templates have been created, then any subsequent operating system upgrade or newer Pages version update will continue to provide custom user templates via the Template Chooser's My Templates. No templates are lost in either process.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2022 11:33 AM in response to 70-Plus

There are two scenarios here and you haven't provided Pages version details that would help clarify matters.

1. Migration from Pages '09 to current Pages v11.1 on Catalina
    1. Any version of Pages newer than Pages '09 will migrate (one-time) the older application's user templates (that are compatible) into the newer Pages user templates. The old Pages '09 templates are not removed, and you can see those that were migrated in the current Pages template chooser under My Templates.
    2. The Pages '09 templates that were not migrated will need to be recreated in the current version of Pages, as you cannot force template migration between versions.
  2. An operating system upgrade that did not involve Pages '09 template migration
    1. If item 1 (above) has already taken place, and/or new templates have been created, then any subsequent operating system upgrade or newer Pages version update will continue to provide custom user templates via the Template Chooser's My Templates. No templates are lost in either process.

Old Pages templates disappeared?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.