Where are the Templates in Pages 13.0

Posted on Apr 20, 2023 2:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2023 5:58 AM

There are two possible reasons that you don't see the template chooser on launch of Pages:

1. In Pages > Preferences > General, you have configured the For New Documents section to use a specific template rather than Show Template Chooser.
  2. You have configured iCloud Drive > Options > ☑︎ Pages. This will always show a file chooser, and when you uncheck this option, the template chooser will return for subsequent Pages launches.
    1. If you need that iCloud Drive setting, then you must use the File menu > New menu selection to launch the template chooser (as shown by Yellowbox).
5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 21, 2023 5:58 AM in response to Ruffigan

There are two possible reasons that you don't see the template chooser on launch of Pages:

1. In Pages > Preferences > General, you have configured the For New Documents section to use a specific template rather than Show Template Chooser.
  2. You have configured iCloud Drive > Options > ☑︎ Pages. This will always show a file chooser, and when you uncheck this option, the template chooser will return for subsequent Pages launches.
    1. If you need that iCloud Drive setting, then you must use the File menu > New menu selection to launch the template chooser (as shown by Yellowbox).

Apr 20, 2023 2:53 PM in response to Ruffigan

Hi Viking OSX,

I am not getting the template chooser at all in my Mac mini. It is a (Late 2014)

1.4 Ghz Dual-Core Intel Core i5 with 8GB MHz DDR3. I recently upgraded it to

Monterey 12.6.4; and just a couple of days ago I updated the Pages App thru the App Store.

None-the-less, I am not getting the Template chooser in Pages.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.