Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blue dot in corner of screen

A blue dot has appeared on the top left corner of my screen and seems to only appear on safari.

There are no answers online as it is not the voice control (this has never seen set up on this phone).

It is driving my nuts, please let me know what it is and how I can stop it.

iPhone 12

Posted on May 5, 2022 9:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2022 9:22 PM

kerty122 Said:

"Blue dot in corner of screen: A blue dot has appeared on the top left corner of my screen and seems to only appear on safari. There are no answers online as it is not the voice control (this has never seen set up on this phone). It is driving my nuts, please let me know what it is and how I can stop it."

-------

Start with a Screenshot:

See what happens when you take a screenshot. View the screenshot in the Photos app. Does the dot show up in the screenshot? If so, then it is the app itself giving you the issue (so, check for updates). If not, then you may have to restore to factory settings (more on that after you reply).

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2022 9:22 PM in response to kerty122

kerty122 Said:

"Blue dot in corner of screen: A blue dot has appeared on the top left corner of my screen and seems to only appear on safari. There are no answers online as it is not the voice control (this has never seen set up on this phone). It is driving my nuts, please let me know what it is and how I can stop it."

-------

Start with a Screenshot:

See what happens when you take a screenshot. View the screenshot in the Photos app. Does the dot show up in the screenshot? If so, then it is the app itself giving you the issue (so, check for updates). If not, then you may have to restore to factory settings (more on that after you reply).

May 5, 2022 9:20 PM in response to kerty122

Hi there! That blue dot is voice control. The dot shows up as it's an indicator that an application is using your microphone. If you would like to turn this feature off. You can do this by simply going to Settings > Accessibility > Voice Control.

Here is more information of the feature itself

Use Voice Control to interact with iPhone - Apple Support

Blue dot in corner of screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.