Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail mixing up summary and actual email

Today, and periodically in the past, an email appears in the Apple Mail desktop client showing one set of info in the summary column that does not match at all what the actual email is. (see screen shot) And in today's case there are two emails which have exchanged summaries. I've not seen that before. I quit Mail and reopened it with no effect. And Mail keeps trying to tell me that one is junk, though it is not.

This email happens to be to my Yahoo.com address and the emails appear fine in the Yahoo mail web client but this also happens with other email addresses. This happens to be happening on my 16" 2021 MacBook Pro running Monterey v12.3.1 but it has happened on my older 27" iMac running various version of the OS.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.3

Posted on May 5, 2022 9:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 7, 2022 6:49 AM

Hi Mac-Addict,

Thanks for contacting Apple Support Communities!

Based on the behavior you're describing; it sounds like you'd benefit from rebuilding your mailbox: Rebuild mailboxes in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

When you rebuild mailboxes for IMAP or Exchange accounts, messages and attachments stored on your Mac are discarded, and then downloaded again from the mail server to your Mac. Your mailbox appears empty until the download is complete.

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 7, 2022 6:49 AM in response to Mac-Addict

Hi Mac-Addict,

Thanks for contacting Apple Support Communities!

Based on the behavior you're describing; it sounds like you'd benefit from rebuilding your mailbox: Rebuild mailboxes in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

When you rebuild mailboxes for IMAP or Exchange accounts, messages and attachments stored on your Mac are discarded, and then downloaded again from the mail server to your Mac. Your mailbox appears empty until the download is complete.

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

Mail mixing up summary and actual email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.