Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No alert sounds after iOS 15.1 update

Since updating to 15.1 I have had no alert sounds. I have tried everything found here in forums, waited patiently for iOS updates (now at 15.4.1), read numerous suggestions on websites. I feel this is an Apple issue as no alerts are working on my iPhone or iPad since updating but would really appreciate any help in solving the issue. I am to the point of not purchasing any more Apple products.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone XR, iOS 15

Posted on May 6, 2022 6:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 7, 2022 8:28 AM

Hi Hops4949,

With no alerts on iPhone, make sure that you are not paired to a Bluetooth device that could be rerouting sound. You can check in Settings > Bluetooth. Check that Focus isn't enabled in Settings > Focus. Depending on how this was setup, you may have turned off certain apps or features to work.

If it continues, you can back up iPhone to iCloud or your computer and reset settings only.

This won't erase any content such as contacts, messages, or photos, but will remove current your wallpaper, passcode, Wi-Fi passwords, ringtones, Apple Pay, Face ID/Touch ID.

Choose Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

If this behavior continues, reach out to Apple directly

Contact - Official Apple Support

Regards.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 7, 2022 8:28 AM in response to Hops4949

Hi Hops4949,

With no alerts on iPhone, make sure that you are not paired to a Bluetooth device that could be rerouting sound. You can check in Settings > Bluetooth. Check that Focus isn't enabled in Settings > Focus. Depending on how this was setup, you may have turned off certain apps or features to work.

If it continues, you can back up iPhone to iCloud or your computer and reset settings only.

This won't erase any content such as contacts, messages, or photos, but will remove current your wallpaper, passcode, Wi-Fi passwords, ringtones, Apple Pay, Face ID/Touch ID.

Choose Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

If this behavior continues, reach out to Apple directly

Contact - Official Apple Support

Regards.

No alert sounds after iOS 15.1 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.