Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t connect to the internet after connecting to Wi-Fi

After establishing Wi-Fi connection can’t get to the internet

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.2

Posted on May 6, 2022 8:05 AM

9 replies

May 20, 2022 1:55 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

I seem to be having the same problem with a new Mac Mini, I connect to the wifi router and the system tells me it is connected, I have also tried a Ethernet connection. However the mac is not connecting to the Internet although all my other Apple and non-Apple devices are working perfectly. Other Apple devices iMac, iPhone 12 and 2 iPads. I backed up my iMac and restore to the new Mac Mini. I have turned off both router and Mac over night on resetting there is no change, I have also forgotten the network and re signed in. Can someone please suggest a fix for the problem.

May 20, 2022 2:12 AM in response to Rally68camaro

I seem to be having the same problem with a new Mac Mini, I connect to the wifi router and the system tells me it is connected, I have also tried a Ethernet connection. However the mac is not connecting to the Internet although all my other Apple and non-Apple devices are working perfectly. Other Apple devices iMac, iPhone 12 and 2 iPads. I backed up my iMac and restore to the new Mac Mini. I have turned off both router and Mac over night on resetting there is no change, I have also forgotten the network and re signed in. Can someone please suggest a fix for the problem. Even when connecting trough a Phone hot-spot it will not connect to the Internet.

May 20, 2022 3:11 AM in response to Chefeejohn

Do Ethernet and Wifi show a gren, orange or red dot?

Do they show that the mac has a self-assigned IP?

Post a screenshot of what you see in System Preferences->Network.

If your mac is able to get an IP address from the router (and thus show a green dot) but still can’t connect usually this is a DNS problem. Click Advanced then click DNS - post a screenshot.

Also, click Advanced then click Proxies and post a screenshot

May 20, 2022 9:59 AM in response to Chefeejohn

Thank your for posting the screenshots. They show that your connection to the Wifi network is working correctly.

The message that says your computer is offline tells me that the problem is the internet access of the wireless network "Coulibiac"; but if I understand correctly, it appears that other devices connect with no problem - is that right?

I also saw something "Norton Security" in the screenshot - that suggests that some of your software may be blocking access.

The word "Norton" does not carry much respect around here, and any stuff from norton/symantec does not inspire much trust.

Maybe you have any antivirus or similar from them - that's a bad idea and could be the cause of the problems.

Please run Etrecheck and post its full report here. Use the "additional text" button and paste the report into the text box.

Can’t connect to the internet after connecting to Wi-Fi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.