Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Saving Documents

Same question. Is it possible to copy the documents and desktop to the hard drive on my MacBook Air? I don't want to delete them from iCloud but want them available to my other computers. Or, is it possible to back up iCloud to an external drive in order to work on them while not connected to internet for several days at a time. Or, can I back up iCloud to my computer?

Posted on May 6, 2022 10:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2022 12:43 PM

You can copy those files to your computer if the files aren't there.

You can back up iCloud to your computer. Go to System Preferences/iCloud (Apple ID for Catalina or later) and turn on iCloud syncing to download iCloud to your computer. The sync is very, very slow. The photos sync is extremely slow. It could take several days or more for the photos to sync.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 6, 2022 12:43 PM in response to whosails

You can copy those files to your computer if the files aren't there.

You can back up iCloud to your computer. Go to System Preferences/iCloud (Apple ID for Catalina or later) and turn on iCloud syncing to download iCloud to your computer. The sync is very, very slow. The photos sync is extremely slow. It could take several days or more for the photos to sync.

Saving Documents

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.