Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple pay iPhone xr and apple watch

Wearing a mask my iPhone xr unlocks with my apple watch without any problems, when I try to use apple pay with my iPhone it asks for the code. It used to work before. (All updated)

Any thoughts?

Posted on May 6, 2022 1:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 7, 2022 11:42 AM

Hello Rosel1,

We understand that you're having to use your passcode when trying to verify your identity with your Apple Watch, for Apple Pay. This is expected behavior. Please be mindful of the following details:

Unlock with Apple Watch works only for unlocking your iPhone. It doesn't verify your identity for use with Apple Pay, passwords stored in Keychain, or password-protected apps. You can still use these features while wearing a mask, sunglasses, or ski goggles by typing your iPhone passcode or using your Apple Watch for Apple Pay.

Click here for more info: Unlock your iPhone with Apple Watch when you're wearing a face mask or sunglasses

Have a wonderful day!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 7, 2022 11:42 AM in response to Rosel1

Hello Rosel1,

We understand that you're having to use your passcode when trying to verify your identity with your Apple Watch, for Apple Pay. This is expected behavior. Please be mindful of the following details:

Unlock with Apple Watch works only for unlocking your iPhone. It doesn't verify your identity for use with Apple Pay, passwords stored in Keychain, or password-protected apps. You can still use these features while wearing a mask, sunglasses, or ski goggles by typing your iPhone passcode or using your Apple Watch for Apple Pay.

Click here for more info: Unlock your iPhone with Apple Watch when you're wearing a face mask or sunglasses

Have a wonderful day!

Apple pay iPhone xr and apple watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.