Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch “segment recorded” notice is non stop

After unpairing and RE-pairing my watch (version 8.5.1) numerous times - I cannot stop the watch from announcing (during tennis or pickleball) that a “segment” has been recorded and these segments record (out loud) back to back to back - like one second apart.

I do not train in segments or try to shake my wrist- which activates the “segment” feature.

I cannot stop it from the non-stop segment one segment 2 etc., unless I end the workout.

Once it even flipped the watch face upside down for a person who would wear the watch on their opposite wrist.

I think the watch’s gyroscope is out of whack!

Anyone else find a solution to this problem?

Posted on May 6, 2022 7:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 7, 2022 3:32 PM

Thank you for the help- much appreciated.

While muting the voice feedback removes the non-stop "Segment" announcements, it doesn't really solve the problem. The watch is not behaving properly- why are these rapid fire "segments" even occurring? Today I did a factory reset. I will see if that actually stops these erroneous segments from happening. In the meantime, I will follow your advice and turn off the voice feedback feature.

LRL

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 7, 2022 3:32 PM in response to bryanr14

Thank you for the help- much appreciated.

While muting the voice feedback removes the non-stop "Segment" announcements, it doesn't really solve the problem. The watch is not behaving properly- why are these rapid fire "segments" even occurring? Today I did a factory reset. I will see if that actually stops these erroneous segments from happening. In the meantime, I will follow your advice and turn off the voice feedback feature.

LRL

May 7, 2022 1:57 PM in response to LeoRL

Hello LeoRL,

Thank you for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're referring to the feature on your Apple Watch called, "Voice Feedback." This is feature that can be disabled on your Apple Watch by going to Settings > Workout > scroll down and turn off, "Voice Feedback."

In addition, we recommend to restart your Apple Watch, as it can help resolve unexpected behavior. This is in reference to the unexpected segments of your workout.

We look forward to hearing back from you with an update.

Kind regards.

Apple Watch “segment recorded” notice is non stop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.