Newsroom Update

watchOS 11 brings powerful health and fitness insights. Learn more >

apple watch asking to end session

After the latest update the watch constantly asks to end the session, even when I'm very obviously still moving, walking, etc. This is a new developent and seems to have happened after the latest update 9.5.2 Auto pause is turned off (and was previously). This is very annoying to have it constantly interruping during a class or on a walk.

Apple Watch, watchOS 4

Posted on Jul 10, 2023 10:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2023 3:08 PM

Auto pause does not affect walking.

You could turn off the start and end reminders in iPhone, Watch app, My Watch tab, Workout

Or you could unpair and pair the Watch again

Or you could recalibrate the watch using these tips.Get the most accurate measurements using your Apple Watch - Apple Support

4 replies

Jul 11, 2023 5:39 AM in response to LD150

Thanks for the suggestions. I have turned off “end of session” reminder. That stopped the constant reminders during my workout, but of course it no longer reminds me at the end of workout. I drove all the way home after my class and realized that I didn’t end the session. I use the workout feature almost daily. It worked fine on Friday, updated on Sat, then Sun and Mon sessions received the constant reminders. I powered off the watch, will see if that helps. Will try unpairing next if not. Thanks again.

Jul 11, 2023 8:19 AM in response to rmcamp

You might also unpair and set up again as a new watch. All of your activity snd workout settings will remain but you may have to add back faces and some notification preferences.

When I take the old Duchess out for a slow walk of 18 minutes per Km it doesn't ask to stop the workout so unless you are much slower than that I don't think you need to workout harder to prevent it.

apple watch asking to end session

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.